Casio Exilim EXZ50 5MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom Review

Casio Exilim EXZ50 5MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I bought this camera after much research and am glad to say that I haven't regretted it for a second! I never write reviews, but since this camera has only one review so far, I thought I'd put in my $0.02 to help spread the word.
------- WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR -------
Before this, I used a Nikon Coolpix 990 -- fantastic camera, but too bulky and heavy (took 4 AAs) to carry around daily. For my second camera, I wanted something very portable (i.e. small and light) with long battery life. I didn't necessarily need 5MP; that was just a bonus.
------- PROS -------
Where do I begin? The EXZ50 is very small, so it's a cinch to carry around. So far, the battery life has been great. The start-up time is almost nil; no waiting for the camera to "boot up" once you turn it on. Even more importantly, it saves photos to the memory card very fast (my Nikon used to lag a bit) so you can take several photos in quick succession. The LCD is a good size, especially in relation to the camera. The controls are intuitive and user-friendly. Getting your photos to your PC is so easy: just put the camera in the docking station and hit the "USB" button! Tons of great features -- read about them on the site I mention at the end of this review [sorry, Amazon edited out the site]. Oh, and the pictures turn out great!
------- CONS -------
I do have a minor quibble in that the LCD display is a bit dark in low-light conditions. Maybe that's just a given, but on the Nikon, the display was bright even in low-light. It could be that I just haven't figured out how to fix that. Also, the macro mode isn't as great as on the Nikon, but I knew that before purchasing and it was something I was willing to live with. Don't get me wrong, it isn't *bad* (the Casio manual says the range begins at 6cm), but I take a lot of close-up jewellery shots and for those, I'll continue to use my other camera. Again, the point of my getting this Casio was to have something to carry around daily.
------- THE COMPETITION -------
For a long time, I'd been leaning toward getting a Canon (who seem to dominate the "tiny camera" field), but I read so much about the so-called "E18 error" that it scared me away (plus, I personally know people who've had memory card failures). I didn't go with Olympus because I read a lot about long lag-time and low battery life. Also, Olympus and Fuji use xD memory cards, which cost a bit more, and none that I looked at beat the slimness of the Casio. I already have a battery-sucking Nikon, so I skipped that brand. I've never been a big fan of Sony, so the Cybershots were out (partly b/c of those proprietary memory sticks). I almost went with a Panasonic Lumix, but it was a bit too expensive compared to others. Nothing in the Minolta family jumped out at me, either. You can see I mainly considered companies who make cameras their main business. I know Casio isn't strictly photography, but this camera does have a Pentax lens.
[...]
Overall, I'm thrilled with the Casio Exilim EX-Z50! There are tons of cameras out there, each with its pros and cons, so I know the choice is tough. Luckily, I feel I made the right one for me!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Exilim EXZ50 5MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom

The EX-Z50 is a thin, stylish, 5 megapixel digital camera with 3X optical zoom and 2" LCD Screen. High performance operation in an easy-to-use, compact design High-resolution images captured by the CCD with 5 million effective pixels. 3X optical zoom in a compact body Large 2.0-inch digital interface TFT LCD screen High quality lightweight aluminum body with comfortable handgrip. Long battery life for extended shooting on a single battery charge Up to 390 photos can be taken on a single charge, based on CIPA standards for battery life measurement. Quick response thanks to high-speed design The camera automatically selects fixed-focus Auto Pan Focus mode for instantaneous response when the shutter is pressed rapidly. Direct On function for one-touch operation of either picture taking or playback modes. Rapid start-up allows shooting approximately 1.6 seconds* after the power is turned on. Images are recorded approximately 0.01 seconds* after theshutter is released. 0.1-second high-speed playback for photo scrolling. *with the flash off More convenient functions Business Shot function compensates for photos taken at an angle and records them as though taken from straight ahead. Best Shot allows settings to be chosen by selecting from a collection of sample images. Extended shooting of video with sound can be performed until the memory is full. Noise Reduction processing makes night scenes more beautiful. Auto Macro function enables automatic switching between Macro and AF modes. 7-point Multi-Auto Focus automatically selects the optimum focus point location. Flash Assist function provides exposure compensation for areas not reached by the flash. Icon Guide function uses a pop-up guide to help the user when switching settings.

Buy NowGet 20% OFF

Click here for more information about Casio Exilim EXZ50 5MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom

0 comments:

Post a Comment