Single Genuine Casio Capacitor CTL1616 with FREE Anti-Static Tweezers - Single Capacitor Review

Single Genuine Casio Capacitor CTL1616 with FREE Anti-Static Tweezers - Single Capacitor
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Got up the internal steam to replace the battery in my 11 year old solar Casio G Shock. Found the battery necessary for the job on Amazon via Bob's Batteries. The price was not a bargain (19 dollars and change), but it did come from a reputable place and included a pair of plastic non conductive tweezers which were necessary to do the battery transplant.
Cleaned the watch, removed the bands (most difficult part of the job), removed the back of the watch and a loose spring. Set everything aside in order of removal. cleaned the channel the O-ring sits in. Removed the old battery, installed the new one and fumbled around trying to find two terminals "A" and "-" to short to restart the watch. Did this on the second try, lubed the O-ring with silicone compound and reassembled the watch after confirming it was running. What left me with a hollow feeling was that the watch indicated very low battery voltage and asked to have the battery changed. I put the watch under a lit high intensity lamp to attempt to recharge it for a few hours and did other jobs outside. When I cam in, the watch was all charged up and running well. I put the band back on it and set everything up on the watch. Last night, the watch received the signal from WWV time signal in Fort Collins, Colorado and as Willy Nelson has often said, "On the Road Again".
I guess you could say that all is well that ends well. .. In retrospect, I am glad that their are several sites on the web to help you through the battery replacement for a solar, atomic Casio. Without them, I would have been way out on a limb and would not have been able to do the job. This is not a job that you want to tackle cold. It requires a bit of knowledge, skill and some luck too. If I had it to do over again, I would probably buy a new watch instead. My Casio 2608 Solar Atomic G Shock is 11 years old and I bought it just before I retired in 2001. Perhaps a notice should be included with the new battery advising the purchaser to charge the watch after the new battery was installed would have been a key piece of advice. Oh, well, couldah, shoulda, wouldah are just afterthoughts of a fruitful mind, not thoughts of an uncaring one.
Regards and have a find day. PagRegards, Pag

Click Here to see more reviews about: Single Genuine Casio Capacitor CTL1616 with FREE Anti-Static Tweezers - Single Capacitor



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Single Genuine Casio Capacitor CTL1616 with FREE Anti-Static Tweezers - Single Capacitor

0 comments:

Post a Comment