Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I purchased this white balance cap because I really liked the idea, and knew that there were similar products out there that cost a lot more. I figured if it didn't work perfect that's fine, for the price I could accept that. But believe it or not it works great, but not without a few drawbacks...
first I'll go over construction:
when I first opened it, it looked fine to me. I went to mount it on my Canon 18-55mm and... it wasn't exactly easy to get on. The mount for the cap is plastic, and the threads don't seem to be thin enough for my lens. I tried it on my 75-300 and it fit better, but not perfect. I continuously threaded it on my 75-300mm and then it fit better on my 18-55mm. Did the same with that, and eventually it started to work just fine. Then I pulled out my 58-52mm adapter for my fish eye lens thingy (one of the other inexpensive alternatives to a real piece of equipment that I actually enjoy quite a lot) and the cap fit just right on that. So, if you have a lens adapter similar to a 58-52 you don't have to try to thread the plastic one.
Now I'll go over if it works or not:
Yes, of course. It's the same thing as the more expensive as far as function. Just take a picture in the direction of your subject with the cap on or just in the room you plan on shooting in, use that image as your custom white balance, and you're good to go. i tested it myself by using auto white balance in my bedroom, then using a generic white balance, and then using the custom data from the cap. The colors look extremely true, I bet I could get matching paint for my walls if I showed them the picture.
Overall:
It works, it's just not perfect. Like I said, you can just pop it on an adapter if you've got some, or thread the included ring. Either way you'll end up with a true white balance. I saw enough difference in my pictures at home that I to put it in my work bag for shoots at the studio.
Click Here to see more reviews about: 58mm Digital SLR White Balance Lens Cap
Attach this cap to your lens and use the white balance setting feature on your camera to take a measurement (set focus length to telephoto mode, if available), aiming at the scene where you will be taking pictures. The adjusted white balance setting corrects color temperature for many kinds of light sources, providing you with noticeably better looking pictures. Size: 58mm diameter.
Click here for more information about 58mm Digital SLR White Balance Lens Cap
0 comments:
Post a Comment