Casio 10 Mp 3X Opt 2.7IN LCD Digital Cam Black Review

Casio 10 Mp 3X Opt 2.7IN LCD Digital Cam Black
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I have been looking for a Point & Shoot camear for about 2 years now. I want something to go along with me when I cannot take my Nikon D80 DSLR. I finally found what I have been looking for, I am not going to do a technical review, they are all over the internet. I am just going to give my likes and dislikes of this camera.
First, the size is just what I wanted, small enough to fit in my pocket, but big enough to hold steady. This is about the size i have been looking for, it measures 3 1/2" wide and 2 1/4" high, and is very light, but not flimsy feeling.
This camera does everything I want in a P&S camera, 10MP sensor, takes pretty good pictures, not DSLR quality, but good enough for a quality 8X10 photograph. It also records movies which was a must for me, I use it to record my motorcycle trips. This camera fits the bill perfectly. Start up is not bad, just fire it up and it seems as though it is instantly ready to go, it locks focus great in daylight, and in well lit indoors. It does struggle a bit in low light, but what P&S does not? Having said that, I have yet to miss a shot anywhere, so it has performed well. I had one problem with the camera, but I believe it was the SD card I was using. When I switched from the SanDisk card to the PNY card, I found that 2-3 out of 50 or so shots were missing, meaning I woukd get a message that read "file can not be found". I have not run into that since putting the SanDisk back in. I also noticed that with the PNY card that I had some problems aquiring focus, even in bright sunlight. Again thet went away with the SanDisk, my recommendation, stay away from the bargain cards, pay the extra $1-$2 and get a quality card.
The movie recording feature is great and I have recorded up to 5 minutes of video with no problems. I believe that you can record up to 4GB of video at a time, which should give you over 10 minutes. Really that is long enough for a single file, if your card is big enough, you can continue to record as many 4GB files as you have room for. I have uploaded to YouTube, and the transition is seamless, just remember to record in the YouTube mode and no problem.
I recently took this camera on a trip on my bike up the Golden Chain Hwy in California, and I was able to capture the entire trip in both still pics and video with just 2 4GB cards, and that was three days worth of video and pictures. The battery lasted all 3 days and I was making a point to shoot as much as possible, but I would recommend an extra battery for extended trips, because I was at the end of battery life after those 3 days. I got a couple hundred pics and several minutes of video, so I would have to say the battery life is very good. I was very satisfied with the quality of the pics, they were very good and close to excellent. The video quality is also very good, and for me it will replace an older Sony camcorder, but if yo are mainly a video shooter, I would not recommend this as a primary video camera, the quality is so much better on a dedicated camcorder. But for the occasional video shooter who does not have or want to buy a video camera, this is a very good option.
Overall I have to highly recommend this camera, if you don't have DSLR expectations you will be very satisfied, this little camera is a very hearty and versatile camera, it is very good at what it does. For a second camera or as a primary camera, this will fit the bill very well. I have been a photographer for over 25 years, starting with a MF Nikon FG, and am very picky about my equipment, I never buy junk photo equipment, and would never recommend something that I do not use myself. I love this camera and actually like it well enough that I ordered a second Casio, the EX FC-100 which has even more video capabilities, so yeah, I like it.
I picked up the EX-Z29 at Radio Shack for $119 which included a carry case extra strap, and a 4GB SanDisk SD card. A very good deal.


Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio 10 Mp 3X Opt 2.7IN LCD Digital Cam Black

pThis Exilims 10 million pixels of extremely high resolution maximize clarity; combined with the 3x Optical Zoom, detailed moments are captured the way you envisioned. In addition, with the Exilim EX-Z29s wide 2.7 inch Super Clear LCD, which delivers amazingly high contrast and brightness, you can see your shots better than ever, from any angle, even in bright sunlight. And with YouTube Capture Mode, you can record and upload your videos instantly, allowing you to share them with friends and family. /p

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Casio 10 Mp 3X Opt 2.7IN LCD Digital Cam Black

0 comments:

Post a Comment